Monday 10 November 2014

Share The Honest Love - Katie Byram Photography

Following on from a recent blog post I saw on  Fetcham Park's blog  and written in further detail on Love My Dress blog , I have been inspired to share a blog post on a similar vein, they want brides, grooms and wedding suppliers to remember what's the most important thing about any wedding day. That is two people in love, committing themselves to each other in front of family and friends. I've been lucky enough to share in and photograph wedding days both big and small, low key and extravagant, but the end of the day, the size, complexity, 'prettiness' or cost, shouldn't be the defining factor in the meaning, the importance, or the emotions of the day. It's about the couple.

kirkley hall wedding, katie byram photography

So, what are my favourite parts of a wedding day?

Well, there are many. But I love the moment the couple first see each other, the smile, the glances..the giggles they get during the ceremony. I love it when the couple really focuses on each other and says their vows with meaning. If my couple are nervous before walking down the aisle, I tell them 'Forget about everyone else, blur them out, pretend no-one is there, and say your vows to each other'.

I love the speeches, the funny ones, the sad ones..... and I love hearing about how a couple met or got engaged.

I love capturing the interaction between the family, friends and between the couple themselves.

bride hugging her dad, wedding day day, father of the bride, katie byram photography

And of course, I love wedding cake. Who doesn't?  ;-)

So here's a few of my favourite shots from wedding's I've photographed, showing raw & genuine emotion....no detail shots here!

first look, first look wedding, katie byram photography, high house farm brewery

high house farm brewery wedding, katie byram photography


high house farm brewery wedding


share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

chateau de lacoste wedding, sarlat, french wedding, katie byram photography

chateau de lacoste wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

surprised flower girls, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

hotel du vin newcastle, hotel du vin wedding, newcastle wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography


lord crewe arms blanchland wedding share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography


matfen hall wedding, winter wedding northumberland, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

two bride wedding, valley retro, first look, lesbian wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

st mary's lighthouse wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography


newcastle register office, civic centre newcastle, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

rothbury wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

rothbury wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

grandad wedding day, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography


kirkley hall wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography


bride and dad, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

high house farm brewery, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography




groom waiting, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

father of the bride, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography




gisborough hall wedding, two brides, gay wedding, lesbian wedding, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography



confetti shot, confetti photo, share the honest love, love my dress blog, katie byram photography

I loved putting this post together of images, will definitely do something like this every few months.... Remember, on your wedding day, take some time to look around,  hug your family, look at your new husband or wife and take a moment to take it in, you are married! The people who love you are there, or looking down on you, and this is a day you will always remember. 

When you get stressed about little details in the planning of your day, remember what is the most important thing about your day.... your loved ones, family, friends, and your other half, each other, love and having fun! 

All images and text copyright Katie Byram Photography 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete