Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas & New Year break...

I always look forward to the New Year as a way to set some goals for the year ahead and have a fresh start. One of my big goals is to blog more.. preferably at least twice a week. I have a lot of 2012 material that is yet to see my blog, and I will be getting a lot more of that up here as well as new work.

Over Christmas I photographed two beautiful weddings, Alan & Paula's wedding at Matfen Hall, and Phill & Joanne's twixmas (In between Christmas & New Year!) wedding at The South Causey Inn.

I will be shortly posting the previews of these two Christmas themed weddings which was lovely.

Also this year my goals for blogging are:

- Include some more personal work
- Write on various photography topics/ideas
- Include wedding planning ideas and tips for brides & grooms
-Showcase other local and national businesses
- Blog some great weddings
- Blog non-wedding related posted (portraits, christenings etc)

2012 was amazing... and I will be posting a year's round up in photos soon too...

I've had some definite highs and lows of the year, but mostly good things....

I photographed 22 weddings, organised and photographed a fantastic photoshoot with local businesses, met some wonderful families, for photoshoots, supported local charity exhibitions (Tiny Lives Newcastle). I had the pleasure of photographing photographed a 1 day old baby, a talented young singer/dancer for her 16th birthday, and a fab village christening.

My largest wedding had approx 150 guests, my smallest had 2 weddings. I travelled to Scotland, The Lake District, Huddersfield, and further afield to photograph weddings and meet clients. I experienced being a guest at a Polish-German wedding in Poland.. I also had the opportunity to me photographed myself which let me see things from a client's point of view... I achieved a Qwest award for business professionalism, worked at some fantastic venues for the first time (Ellingham Hall, Langley Castle and Matfen Hall were definite highlights).... sometimes it's easy to get caught up in hecticness of everything... and to get easily disheartened.. but when you take a step back you can see things differently....

Very excited about what 2013 has to bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment